Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client removal issue

wcrolle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed the VPN Client and could not get it to work. I removed the application and tried to install a leter version but constanytly receive an error message that the computer needs to be rebooted after the deinstallation of a previous version.

I have rebooted several times, executed the manual removal process as indicated on the websit with no success and have struggled with this now for over a month.

I REALLY need my VPN working and now at a totl lost as to what to to next. Can someone please advise me on what to do or where to look for a solution. Alternately, is there another VPN client that will work for me.

Winston

6 Replies 6

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

What OS do you have? What version of the client are you working with? The doc below provides the steps needed to manually uninstall the VPN client on a Windows machine.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_tech_note09186a0080094b7f.shtml

I am using Windows XP with version 4 of the client. I have tried the manual removal process with no success.

Please provide the exact version of the client that you had previously installed?

The version number is VNP Client Version 4.7.00.0533

i have the same problem.

i use a XP SP3 client with a vpn client 4.0.3.C-k9. if i install the vpnclient-5.0.0290 i become the error 28005!

i try to delete all regedit entry's, but i cannot delete the legacy_cvpnd

winston.rolle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have provided the version number some time ago but got no response. Any ideas? HELP.

Winston