cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What OOB numbers do I use for AA in UC520?

eoncablewire
Level 3
Level 3

I read the CCA 2.0 OOB and didnt see where the OOB extension numbers were listed or any suggestions of what numbers to use for the AA that would not conflict with anything else. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

10 Replies 10

There is a range of "ephone-dn" that you can use and that won't conflict with CCA. These apply to phones. For AA pilot numbers, you cannot have an "invisible" AA. Is this what you mean?

Marcos

I am not sure about all the correct terms. I believe I am referring to the pilot number for the AA. If I want to create an acl the number is specified in the OOB for 2.0.

When I add a phone the ephone is created and its assigned the extension number. Is that extension number the 'pilot'.

What governs the assigment of the extension numbers? Are the extension numbers covered by the OOB document and specifies which range is reserved by CCA?

I usually, before reading the OOB, used 700 for my voicemail pilot/extension number. I am currently using 701 for the first AA script. I just wanted to be sure that CCA wouldnt need to be able to assign 700 or 701 OR do that overlap with some time of CCA reserved range.

Thanks,

Johnny

Hmmm....

701-708 are call park slots, if enabled (CCA default but can be changed).

771-786 are Meet Me extensions (again, default)

I am talking about these numbers, the extension numbers. Obviously the UC520 creates a certain number of ephones in its initial configuration and assigns them extension numbers based on the order the phones connect to the system.

ephone-dn  5  dual-line
number 301 no-reg primary
label 301
description PhoneA Analog
name PhoneA Analog
call-forward busy 700
call-forward noan 700 timeout 10
translation-profile incoming CallBlocking

So if my voice mail pilot number statement in the configuration is an extension then would it conflict with any CCA reserved extension numbers? I dont believe these numbers are ephones as they are assigned to the phone BY the ephone.

voicemail 700

Thanks,

Johnny

Thanks for the reply. I have looked at this and if you notice that the user extensions in the table is refering to ephone-dn numbers, not the actual extension numbers.

Here is another example:

ephone-dn  10  dual-line
number 201 secondary 7138209588 no-reg both
label 201
description XXXX XXXX
name XXXX XXXX
call-forward busy 700
call-forward noan 700 timeout 10
translation-profile incoming CallBlocking

The '10' is in the reserved range of ephone-dn numbers in the table on page 6. What it doesnt cover is the blue number '201'.

I am refering to the numbers used as the number you would dial to intercom to another phone, which is in this case '201'.

So what I am looking for is not ephone-dn or ephone numbers but the 'number' part of the ephone above.

Is this a defined range? How is it allocated? What does CCA want to use? Where can I start in that range?

Does this help to clarify it any?

Thanks

OK, that helped.

Navigate to Partner Central and under Tools and Resources, you will find "Smart Designs".

There you will find a UC500 Implementation Guide.

In that, you will find this table:

default_numbers.bmp

You will see what Will be assigned as default, but these can all be changed from within CCA.  I once changed one of my systems to a 2 digit dial plan, and every one of these was adjustable (extension numbers), no problem.   I dont think any are reserved, so to speak, rather, just defaulted according to what it discovers (phones starting at 201 for example) or enabled (Call park or hunt groups...etc).

You can change these at any time and it is up to you to make sure the numbers you choose arent already used.

Tomoo Esaka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Johnny,

The following extension ranges are reserved for auto-registration in the UC500 default configuration. You can see the actual config by opening the .cfg files included in your UC520-x.x.x.zip software pack.

301 - 304 Analog User extensions

201 - 252 IP phone user extensions (actual range depends on the license)

All the other extension ranges for features like call park, paging, meetme, hunt-group are configured in the editable fields within CCA. These features have default "recommended" values, but there is no "reserved" range, because you can change these numbers to anything you want provided following conditions met. Also, by default these features are disabled so unless you enable these features, the numbers assigned to these features are not factored into the dialplan.

1. The extension length is consistent. If you set 3 digit extensions on system, then you should set 3 digit extension for all features.

2. There is no extension overlap. CCA will prevent you from entering duplicate entries for feature extensions. I.E. You will be blocked from having 298 for AA and have 298 assigned for call park.

3. There is no access code conflict. I.E. If you have 9 as your PSTN access code, CCA will prevent you from entering 9XX for any IP phones or system features because that can potentially for cause your PSTN dialing to malfunction.

In all the cases above, CCA should show you exactly what is causing the conflict if so you can modify the number to a non-conflicting number.

Rgds,

Tomoo

BTW, the Telephony Setup Wizard recommends (or defaults to) 298 for the AA. This works well for most UC500 deployments.

Thanks for the answer that hits it on the mark.

I havent used the wizard much but will in the future. I will adjust my numbering based on that.

Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: