cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IP of an ACS SE appliance

js88888888
Level 1
Level 1

What will break if I change the IP of an 4.2 SE appliance? I need a few of these to assume the IPs of our existing production boxes. Aside from manually re-setting the SE IP's via console, re-configuring the AAA servers/replication and the ACS Agent Config Provider IPs, is there anything that gets "lost" permanentnly broken when resetting the IP?

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, dynamic mapping will be created when user logs in but it will be a default mapping. All users would be mapped to default group.

Incase you have authorization set up on group basis , it won't be implemented.

If you have all users mapped to default group then, no need to worry.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

You can loose group mapping since it will break communication with Remote agent.

That is all I can think of

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks for the reply.

Won't this just get recreated the next time the user logs on? Are you referring to Dynamic Group?

Yes, dynamic mapping will be created when user logs in but it will be a default mapping. All users would be mapped to default group.

Incase you have authorization set up on group basis , it won't be implemented.

If you have all users mapped to default group then, no need to worry.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Perfect, we are lucky enough (for migration purposes anyway) to have our dynamic mapping to the default group.

thanks much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: