Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with 5GHz WGB

PetriSignal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two 1242s making a 5GHz 'link/WGB' and then LWAPP access point behind the WGB. The link keeps losing connection every now and then. I debugged the WGB and the following log keeps popping up:

'parent lost: Received deauthenticate (2) not valid'

I changed the encryption to open and the problem is still there. The distance between APs is about 50m (160ft) and there is a line of sight. I have the latest IOS v.12.4.10b-JDA3(GD).

Any advice or clues how to solve this?

3 Replies 3

engineerangelo
Level 1
Level 1

So you have 2 standalone APs configured as WGBs and they are connecting to your LAP access points? What are the RSSI of the WGBs? You can see this in ASSOCIATION.

Can the lwapp APs see the WGB on the rf side? If yes you are likely seeing an issue revolving around RLDP. RLDP may be temporarily attempting to contain the WGB bridge AP as the WLC might perceive it as a rogue on the wired network. If you see it as a rogue, set its state to know internal friendly.

Yes, that is correct. The other end is configured to access point (role) and the other as WGB. RSSI is around -65dBm and SNR +30dB, so there shouldn't be a problem with signal strenght.

dennisscholmes: I'll have to check that.

I'm busy with other work at the moment, but I'll continue solving this ASAP. Thanks for the help so far.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: