Certification Expiry

Answered Question
Jun 24th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi,

My CCNA certification is due to expire towards the end of this year and I passed the BCMSN exam a couple of weeks ago. When I look on the Certification Tracking site, My CCNA is still showing to expire in 2010 and I can't see the new expiry date of 3 years from passing my BCMSN anywhere on the site.

Please can someone advise where this new date should be displayed? Otherwise, I don't know when i need to pass my next exam by.

Also, when I pass my next CCNP exam, I assume I'll have another 3 years from that point to take another exam, before I lose everything. Is that right?

Thanks

Correct Answer by Brandon Buffin about 7 years 9 months ago

If you don't see the new date reflected on the certification tracking tool, open a case with certifications support. Each 642 professional level exam you pass, such as CCNP exams will extend your CCNA for 3 years from the date you pass the exam. It does not, however, extend your other CCNP exams. So, you will have 3 years from the date of passing your first CCNP exam to complete all exams for this certification.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Brandon Buffin Wed, 06/24/2009 - 04:47
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

If you don't see the new date reflected on the certification tracking tool, open a case with certifications support. Each 642 professional level exam you pass, such as CCNP exams will extend your CCNA for 3 years from the date you pass the exam. It does not, however, extend your other CCNP exams. So, you will have 3 years from the date of passing your first CCNP exam to complete all exams for this certification.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

bjssccouser Wed, 06/24/2009 - 07:11
User Badges:

"It does not, however, extend your other CCNP exams." I was actualy under the impression it did. I'd better get a move on, in that case!

Thanks for your help with this.

Actions

This Discussion