Cisco works assistant 1.1 with LMS 3.1

Unanswered Question
Jun 24th, 2009

Hello,

Setting a default credentials in ciscoworks assistant is compulsary before discovering devices in LMS 3.1.

For example primary username & password & enable password. OR

In common services if i dont select any protocol in discovery module and any seed device except snmp settings will LMS would be able to discover???

Thnaks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Wed, 06/24/2009 - 09:03

Setting up default credentials is NOT required. You can simply configure some SNMP credentials in Discovery directly or through CWA, then Discovery will work.

ciscoowsc Wed, 06/24/2009 - 13:11

Hi,

Then for what purpose the primary credentials & secondary credentials & enable secret is used for.

while discovering some of the devices are unreacheable but actually they are reacheable from ur previous archives i have seen discovery issues that u have mentioned that cheked with SNMP for reacheability,by doing SNMPwalk or packet capture

Can i do a snmpwalk from my LMS 3.1 portal or advice me for any third party software for snmpwalk.

Joe Clarke Thu, 06/25/2009 - 08:46

The other credentials are used for other applications. For example, the username and password credentials are used by RME to fetch and deploy device configurations and software images. The read-write community string is used by applications such as RME, Campus, and IPM.

You can do an SNMP Walk from Device Center.

Actions

This Discussion