cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Route Points Unregistered?

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I have 25 CTI route points in my CUCM 6.0 server, all of which have the status and IP listed as "unknown" but they all appear to work. A reboot of the server didn't change anything.

Should I be concerned?

13 Replies 13

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

It may be a problem with RIS,

it only happens to CTI or also IP Phones?

Try restarting RIS and see if status changes, statr with pub then subs, it shouldnt affect anything.

6.0 which exact version?

CUCM Version 6.1.1.2000-3

This is happening only for the CTI route points.

Will restarting RIS interrupt anything?

tnooning
Level 1
Level 1

This is normal if they're not true CTI RP's, i.e. connected to a CTI server on a IPCC or CUAE box for instance. If there just doing forwarding like a 'straight to voicemail' route, then this is what you would expect to see.

These are configured for "straight to voicemail."

I asked the question because I have an open TAC trying to get CUBE working from a SIP provider. After six hours of trouble shooting they were adamant that the unregistered CTI route points are what is causing the call to fail.

Is there a known issue with CUBE working with CTI route points?

I don't know much about CUBE, but I wouldn't think it being sent to/from a CTI route point would be a problem. It could possibly be something with the call being marked redirected or diverted, but that would have nothing to do with the CTI route points being unregistered. Only time they'll show registered is if something is actually controlling them via CTI.

How exactly are the route points coming into play? Just set to forward to voicemail on an inbound call from the SIP provider?

Inbound calls are received via a sip trunk to a CUBE configured gateway. The gateway takes the SIP and forwards it to the CUCM server as an H323 call. The incoming call hits a translation rule and the resulting number is configured on a CTI route point set to CFA to a Unity call handler.

That's it in a nutshell. Debugs on the router show that the call is processed but the caller gets around five rings then a fast busy.

You don't happen to have the word "Voicemail" in the alerting name or caller-ID do you? I would guess it's hitting Unity, might look at the logs there.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

Nope, no "Voicemail" in the alerting name. The same translation rule and CTI route point works when the provider redirects inbound calls directly to the server and the server is configured with a SIP trunk.

Can you ping the Unity server from the CUBE? You might also want to try checking the "Media Termination Point Required" box on the h.323 gateway if you haven't already. Can you post your 'voice service voip' and dial-peer config?

Pinging is fine. Here's the output:

!

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

h323

emptycapability

call start slow

sip

bind control source-interface FastEthernet0/0.20

bind media source-interface FastEthernet0/0.20

!

!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /602314\(....\)/ /\1/

!

!

voice translation-profile indnis

translate called 1

!

!

dial-peer voice 7580 voip

description To-CUCM

destination-pattern ....

session target ipv4:10.2.0.1

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

!

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

translation-profile incoming indnis

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:206.57.52.68

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

!

!

sip-ua

!

!

Here's a good link I came across, talks a little about MTP and Fast Start options. Has some good debug commands too.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5640/products_configuration_example09186a00808ead0f.shtml

I'm not sure about the gateway being able to ping Unity. I'll check that in the morning when I get some free time.

I'll let you know.

Try the following:

Tick "Media Termination Point Required" in the CUCM config of the H.323 gateway and "Enable Inbound FastStart"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: