Event Manager Applet - Not working correctly

Answered Question
Jun 24th, 2009

Hello,

This was working ok, but after we switched it to a different email server the email goes through fine, but the $_cli_result is not being put in the body of the email. Tried everything to get it going again. any help would be appreciated.

event manager environment _mail_domain compwestinsurance.com

event manager environment _mail_smtp 10.100.1.25

event manager environment _mail_cc [email protected]

event manager environment _mail_from [email protected]

event manager environment _mail_rcpt [email protected]

event manager applet SendHuntReport

event timer cron name "weekly_cron" cron-entry "0 19 * * 5"

action 1.0 cli command "show ephone-hunt 2 statistics start Mon 8 to Fri 18"

action 2.0 mail server "$_mail_smtp" to "$_mail_rcpt" from "$_mail_from" cc "$_mail_cc" subject "AR Hunt Group Report $_event_pub_time" body "$_cli_result"

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 6 months ago

Yes, you're most likely hitting this but. Upgrade to 12.4(15)T2 or 12.4(15)T6a, and it will be fixed.

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 6 months ago

You may be seeing CSCsl53037 in which the body and subject are not being properly separated. What version of IOS is this?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Loading.
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 06/24/2009 - 11:04

You may be seeing CSCsl53037 in which the body and subject are not being properly separated. What version of IOS is this?

ciscoromano Wed, 06/24/2009 - 12:10

Version (C3845-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

One more small peice of info is that it does send the prompt in the body of the message, nothing else though.

Subject line comes through fine with the timestamp also.

thanks again

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 06/24/2009 - 12:14

Yes, you're most likely hitting this but. Upgrade to 12.4(15)T2 or 12.4(15)T6a, and it will be fixed.

ciscoromano Wed, 06/24/2009 - 12:46

I will be putting the upgraded software in soon, but I did discover something interesting. Since we only had it stop working after changing from exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 I sent the same report to a different server (2003)exchange and it works fine. So either something in the way EEM is writing data to the server or something changed in the way 2007 wants to be dealt with. Either way upgraded IOS would probably help. I will get back to this when the upgrade happens. Thanks for your help.

ciscoromano Tue, 07/14/2009 - 16:11

This was indeed the problem, we are unable to upgrade at this moment but found this workaround to make it work in the mean time. Come to find out Exchange 2007 is more strict on the compliance so that is why is stopped working. Here is an example. The "\015\012" puts a manual CRLF in where it needs it.

action 3.0 mail server "$_mail_smtp" to "$_mail_rcpt" from "$_mail_from" cc "$_mail_cc" subject "AR Hunt Group Report $_event_pub_time" body "\015\012$_cli_result"

Thanks for the help.

Actions

This Discussion