Views
Helpful
Replies

Event Manager Applet - Not working correctly

ciscoromano
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This was working ok, but after we switched it to a different email server the email goes through fine, but the $_cli_result is not being put in the body of the email. Tried everything to get it going again. any help would be appreciated.

event manager environment _mail_domain compwestinsurance.com

event manager environment _mail_smtp 10.100.1.25

event manager environment _mail_cc driley@wavdata.com

event manager environment _mail_from do-not-reply@compwestinsurance.com

event manager environment _mail_rcpt ARHuntGroupReports@compwestinsurance.com

event manager applet SendHuntReport

event timer cron name "weekly_cron" cron-entry "0 19 * * 5"

action 1.0 cli command "show ephone-hunt 2 statistics start Mon 8 to Fri 18"

action 2.0 mail server "$_mail_smtp" to "$_mail_rcpt" from "$_mail_from" cc "$_mail_cc" subject "AR Hunt Group Report $_event_pub_time" body "$_cli_result"

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may be seeing CSCsl53037 in which the body and subject are not being properly separated. What version of IOS is this?

View solution in original post

Yes, you're most likely hitting this but. Upgrade to 12.4(15)T2 or 12.4(15)T6a, and it will be fixed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may be seeing CSCsl53037 in which the body and subject are not being properly separated. What version of IOS is this?

Version (C3845-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

One more small peice of info is that it does send the prompt in the body of the message, nothing else though.

Subject line comes through fine with the timestamp also.

thanks again

Yes, you're most likely hitting this but. Upgrade to 12.4(15)T2 or 12.4(15)T6a, and it will be fixed.

I will be putting the upgraded software in soon, but I did discover something interesting. Since we only had it stop working after changing from exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 I sent the same report to a different server (2003)exchange and it works fine. So either something in the way EEM is writing data to the server or something changed in the way 2007 wants to be dealt with. Either way upgraded IOS would probably help. I will get back to this when the upgrade happens. Thanks for your help.

This was indeed the problem, we are unable to upgrade at this moment but found this workaround to make it work in the mean time. Come to find out Exchange 2007 is more strict on the compliance so that is why is stopped working. Here is an example. The "\015\012" puts a manual CRLF in where it needs it.

action 3.0 mail server "$_mail_smtp" to "$_mail_rcpt" from "$_mail_from" cc "$_mail_cc" subject "AR Hunt Group Report $_event_pub_time" body "\015\012$_cli_result"

Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: