Views
Helpful
Replies

IPPM - No alert for IM message

j-shearer
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings -

I have a CUCM running version 6.1.3.3000-1 and a CUPS server running version 6.0.4.1000-4. I was able to get the IPPM service configured on the CUCM and subscribe the IP phone to the service. I am able to send/receive IMs from the phone. The only issue I am having is when an IM message is sent, the phone does nothing in the form of notification. I tried using both a deskphone (7975) and my IPC and neither will notify me if an IM arrives. If I press the 'Services' button and navigate through the IPPM menu I can see the IM message as well as reply to it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Joe

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Go to CUCM Admin > User Management > Application Users. You should have an application user for IPPM (such as "PhoneMessenger" or something like that). Associate the phones with this user.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Michael -

Thx for the response...

The Application User in CUCM already has the appropriate devices (phones) associated to it.

Is there anything else I can look at?

If the device already associated with IPPM application user, you might want to check the URL Authentication.

Go to System > Enterprise Parameters > URL Authentication.

It should be in the format of "http://192.168.1.10:8080/ccmcip/authenticate.jsp"

Where 192.168.1.10 is the CUCM IP address. If you made any changes to this, you need to reset IP phone.

Michael

Michael -

Thx for your assistance. Yes, this url does exist and is it as you stated. I did not make any changes to this particular URL.

Joe

If everything checked out and still not working, it's time to open a TAC case. :)

Michael

That's what I figured. Thx again for your assistance.

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: