Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover to PSTN for forced on net calls

actsits
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been instructed to setup call translations to force office to office calls over the WAN as much as possible. I have my tranlation pattens set up to redirect calls on net for the DIDs that we own. What I'm having a problem with is setting up call failover for when the WAN link goes down. We are using CM 6.1.3.3000-1. Any imput would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Pete

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your WAN links go down, I assume you phones will fail over to SRST?!

in which case the dial peers on the gateway will not be aware of any translation patterns that you have configured on CUCM. which means that all you inter office call we be routed according to for instance a pots dialpeer outbound.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Yes, the phones in the disconnected office will failover to SRST but the phones at our other sites will still use the translation.

Thank you

The problem you have is that when dialling the other sites you dial a DN number and not a Route Pattern so you do not have an option of Router Groups, overflow an solution may be call forward not registered to the full PSTN number but I think if you use Extension mobility when logged off this call forward setting is also used to divert the call normally to VM. An option may be to make use of the AAR setting in that if the WAN goes down then reduce the location down to 1k so to have AAR to operate?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: