Help setting up incoming DDI on BRI

Answered Question
Jun 24th, 2009

Hi all, I'm hoping some of you can help.

Basically I work in a small office and the person I work for has gone ahead and bought himself a UC500 and two Cisco 7941 IP phones. He was assuming I could easily configure this as I obtained a CCNA last year but this voice stuff is beyond my knowledge.

The basic setup he wants is this; there are two BRI ISDN lines coming into the office with two telephone numbers. He would like to connect these to the UC500 and have an ISDN line tied to each phone. So if he rang out on his phone, it would show a certain number, but if I rang out on mine, it would show the other number. He wants this to work for incoming calls as well so if someone dialled my number it would come directly to my phone.

I am using Configuration Assistant 2.0 to configure it and so far I have gotten the outgoing calls to work, but it shows the same CLI, no matter which phone I use. However, I can't get the inward calls to point to work correctly. Only one number works, and the other gives me a "number not in use" message when trying to dial it from outside.

I have now set everything back to factory defaults. Is there any kind soul out there who could help me with what I need to do via CA2.0 or CLI.

Thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Skyler Spence about 7 years 7 months ago

Have you tried the Incoming and Outgoing Dial Plan configuration areas of CCA 2.0?  I have attached a screenshot of the Incoming Dial Plan window, these are located under Configure->Telephony-?Dial Plan and should accomplish your tasks.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Skyler Spence Wed, 06/24/2009 - 13:22

Have you tried the Incoming and Outgoing Dial Plan configuration areas of CCA 2.0?  I have attached a screenshot of the Incoming Dial Plan window, these are located under Configure->Telephony-?Dial Plan and should accomplish your tasks.

mfleming Wed, 06/24/2009 - 14:07

Hi Skyler, can you give me a bit more clarifcation as to what configuration needs to go into the dialplan? Currently I have nothing in the "Direct to Auto Attendant" box, but have two entries in "Direct to Internal extensions". I have set up extension 201 and 202 and then in DID start range, I have placed the associated numbers, and then chosen the port that that ISDN number is connected to.

Eg (sorry, I haven't got the device here so can't do a screenshot):

DID Start: 123456 || DID End: 123456 || Int Number Start: 201 || Int Number End: 201 || Trunks: BRI0/1/0

DID Start: 654321 || DID End: 654321 || Int Number Start: 202 || Int Number End: 202 || Trunks: BRI0/1/1

(The DID numbers are just examples, not the real number).

Is this configuration incorrect?

Steven Smith Wed, 06/24/2009 - 14:11

Try having them both over BRI 0/1/0.  I doubt you have anything plugged into the second BRI port.

mfleming Wed, 06/24/2009 - 15:02

Hi Stephen, I definitely have two ISDN lines plugged in. One into each of the BRI ports and both are showing as "active" in the port status menu.

Steven Smith Wed, 06/24/2009 - 15:08

Can you verify how the calls are coming in?  Are they both coming in on the same port?  Try making the change and testing the calls.

mfleming Tue, 06/30/2009 - 05:03

Hi all.

Did some debugging on the incoming call and turns out the exchange was only sending the last 4 digits instead of the 6 I was expecting. I have amended the dial pattern and now both incoming numbers are working.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion