cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750g connection with CX4

tony.anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, forgive my limited knowledge of all this throughput technology but wasn't able to find what I needed anywhere else. We have a NAS that has a 10GBase CX4 connector that we were hoping to connect to one of Cisco switches. They are both 3750's but one is a 48TS-S-V02 and the other is a 24TS-S. The 48TS has 4 SFP connections and I'm guessing they are somehow my ticket for fastest throughput (maybe through some type of Cisco module?).

If it turns out they are not able to be connected this way, our NAS does have 4 gigabit ports that I assume we could set up through load balancing in the switch that way as well. We were just hoping to have the 10gig connection through the CX4...maybe naively! Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated!

Also, the CX4 card we are using is a MYRI 10G PCI EXPRESS CX4 NETWORK CARD

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 3570Gs SFP ports support gig. To support 10G, you'll need the 3570's "big brother", the 3750-E series (or another 10 Gig capable switch). (BTW, there was one 3750 series switch that provided a 10 gig port, but it has been discontinued.)

As to load balancing on the 3750G gig ports, it supports Etherchannel or it can route across multiple links.

[edit]

BTW, you can stack the 3750-E and 3750 in the same stack. This allows you a 10G port into the 3750 stack.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: