Email Contact Script problem

Unanswered Question
Jun 24th, 2009
User Badges:

Hey everyone. I wrote a script that will prompt a caller to enter a callback number and then uses the Email contact step to email that callback number to a distribution list. It worked perfectly until I was asked to add an additional email address which points to a cell phone for text messaging ie: [email protected].

Now the script will not generate the email. I am able to send an email to multiple addresses by separating them with a semi-colon, and I am able to send an email through outlook to the text address and it works, but as soon as I put it in the email contact variable....it no worky.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
joesnyde Wed, 06/24/2009 - 14:39
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Why not try a "," instead of the ";". Also what about a distribution list instead of seperate addresses. Not sure if it would work but may be worth a try.

lohjintiam Sat, 08/22/2009 - 00:19
User Badges:

Hi all,

I'm trying to the create email + send email step in my script (within if then else branch) but i'm getting exception errors when those 2 steps are being triggered. Based on script debug, it goes to the successful branch of the send email step.

The following was done (email subsystem has been configured accordingly)

a) create a variable (email01) of type contact (with value of null)

b) added create email step into the script (after the caller inputs '33333')with subject, body and email contact (email01)

c) added send email step with email contact (email01), from (Default) and to ([email protected])

Questions

a) Is the above the proper way to do it?

b) Got a feeling the problem is with the contact variable (email01). What should be the value for that variable? It doesnt seem to accept any other value other than null

Thanks!

With regards,

JT

Actions

This Discussion