CUCM6.1 SIP Trunk to Toshiba CIX 670

Unanswered Question
Jun 24th, 2009

I'm looking for any potential gotcha's on a planned SIP trunk integration. Current architecture uses a QSIG trunk between the two side-by-side systems to route calls between CM<->CIX. Planning to move the Toshiba 670 to new facility with Private WAN connectivity for transport between sites. The 670 has a SIP trunk capability, but that is documented as being used for SIP Service Provider connectivity. Seems like it should be easy to use a SIP trunk instead of PRI. Anyone done this? If so, please add comments regarding known compatibility issues. Not finding anything on CCO or Google searches.

Thanks for your thoughtful contributions.

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ellen Kennedy Thu, 01/31/2013 - 09:54

I was wondering if you got this working??

I have a T1 between CIX 670 and CUCM 8.6 but I am having a caller ID issue.... And we were trying to setup a SIP trunk between the two to see if that alleviated any of the problems and are not having any success.

steve.sutton Thu, 01/31/2013 - 12:07

Hi Ellen,

It has been so long I didn't even remeber it .  But after reviewing my notes from that project, I found that there was a licensing requirement from Toshiba for that to operate.  Once licensed, it worked ok for us.  I do not recall having caller ID issues, but they were not in my notes. 

Good luck.

nurwahyudi Mon, 09/29/2014 - 01:54

Hi Elen and Steve,

Just want to know is it working ?

If possible could you share document or configuration on CIX 670 ? since i can make inter extention call but have difficulity on outgoing call from cisco ip phone trough CIX 670. (p.s PSTN only connected to CIX 670, and I use CME v 9).

mbrown1848 Wed, 02/04/2015 - 12:41

I am having similar issues.  I can call from my CIX1200 to CUCM 10.5.2 over the SIP trunk but get a fast busy when I call from CIX1200 to CUCM.  Are you getting a fast busy as well?

This Discussion