Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6.1 SIP Trunk to Toshiba CIX 670

steve.sutton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for any potential gotcha's on a planned SIP trunk integration. Current architecture uses a QSIG trunk between the two side-by-side systems to route calls between CM<->CIX. Planning to move the Toshiba 670 to new facility with Private WAN connectivity for transport between sites. The 670 has a SIP trunk capability, but that is documented as being used for SIP Service Provider connectivity. Seems like it should be easy to use a SIP trunk instead of PRI. Anyone done this? If so, please add comments regarding known compatibility issues. Not finding anything on CCO or Google searches.

Thanks for your thoughtful contributions.

Steve

4 Replies 4

Ellen Kennedy
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if you got this working??

I have a T1 between CIX 670 and CUCM 8.6 but I am having a caller ID issue.... And we were trying to setup a SIP trunk between the two to see if that alleviated any of the problems and are not having any success.

Hi Ellen,

It has been so long I didn't even remeber it .  But after reviewing my notes from that project, I found that there was a licensing requirement from Toshiba for that to operate.  Once licensed, it worked ok for us.  I do not recall having caller ID issues, but they were not in my notes. 

Good luck.

Steve

Hi Elen and Steve,

Just want to know is it working ?

If possible could you share document or configuration on CIX 670 ? since i can make inter extention call but have difficulity on outgoing call from cisco ip phone trough CIX 670. (p.s PSTN only connected to CIX 670, and I use CME v 9).

Regards.

I am having similar issues.  I can call from my CIX1200 to CUCM 10.5.2 over the SIP trunk but get a fast busy when I call from CIX1200 to CUCM.  Are you getting a fast busy as well?

Regards,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: