Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Net Users/User Database issue

capitabelfast
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a WLC 4402. Software Version: 4.0.206.0.

When a visitor comes on site they're issued a Local Net User account. We don't Remove it but let it expire and then it disappears from the Local Net User list

Even though we have a total of 157 visible entries we are now receiving an error message when creating a new user; "Error in Creating User".

After a bit of research I found our Local User Database was set to 512 entries. Considerably more than our current 157 entries.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080a49cd7.shtml#backinfo

I increased the limit to 513 entries and was able to create one more account then the "Error in Creating User" message came back. I then Removed an account and was able to create a user before the message came back again.

My guess is that when an account expires the system doesn't remove the entry from the Local User Database. If an account is actually Removed then it is deleted from the Local User Database.

The limit could be increased to 2048 entries and it would probably last a year but then we'd be totally out of space.

Is there an update which resolves this issue or a way to selectively delete from the Local User Database?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

That issue was discussed very early after the problem was discovered. I believe it was fixed in 4.2 code. I would move up to 4.2.185 or 4.2.2x code as these are maint releases.

Hello,

I will apply the release and test it.

Thank you for your help.

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Keep in mind that the database doesn't just hold the local net users which is why you hit the max with only 157 entries. I would just kick it up to 2048. 2048 entries has become the default as of the 5.2 train.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card