cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP users cannot login to the ccmuser page ?

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have synched the LDAP with CM 7, and I can see all the users showing in the CM 7 end user page, but when I try to login to the ccmuser page, I get an error message, Invalid user or password. But when I use the application user , I can login to the ccmuser page.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Have you assigned the "Standard CCM End User" Group to your users? If you look under User Management you'll see the User Groups tab, select this, then select find, click on Standard CCM End Users and then add your users here.

HTH

Oh, also, if you're sync'd with AD your users should be using the password associated with their Windows account not the PIN they would use for Extn Mobility.

Thanks for your reply. I have already assigned the end user to the standard ccm end user group, but still getting an error message, Invalid user/password.

???????????

If you're using LDAP authentication make sure the OU you're pointing is the right one

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Please note that "LDAP Syncrhonization" and "LDAP Authentication" are two separate features in CUCM.

Please do the following:

#1 Go to CUCM Admin > System > LDAP > LDAP Authentication. Verify the configuration is correct there.

#2 Restart Cisco Tomcat service with CLI "utils service restart Cisco Tomcat"

#3 Try to log in to CCM User page again. If failed, collect "Cisco Tomcat Security" logs.

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thanks Micheal!

I am not using LDAP authentication.

I have restarted the Tomcat services from GUI/CLI both!

I will go for the third step now.

Thanks

metuzuner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, please keep in mind that if LDAP authentication is disabled and before the LDAP sync the users had existed in the database (with the same exact user IDs when compared to corporate directory) with pre-set passwords, those passwords will be retained. Please try logging in using the CM db password and not the password that is defined in Corp Dir. For more info consult the following very helpful doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/directry.html

Thanks for your reply, I will go through the provided link. see if I can find some useful information.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: