Same calling number from two PRI's using answer-address

Unanswered Question
Jun 25th, 2009

Hi All,

I have a question about a scenario I have about pots dial-peers for calls comming in from 2PRI's. I am having to route calls using calling party numbers to different locations.

I have 2 E1's into a Router. Between the two E1's the calls come in from the same calling numbers at different times from different ports. The requirement is to send the calls from one E1 to another E1. So for example when 222 calls a number and the call comes in from the first E1 it should go out over the second E1. But if a call from 222 comes from the second E1 it should go out over the first E1.

Is there a way to achieve this using answer-address(or any other way)? I am using incoming and outgoing corlists to direct calls to the correct ports. For this it is important the the correct dial-peer is matched in the first place. The router seems to be matching the first dial-peer it comes across with the matching answer-address and does not worry about the port it is coming in, which seems to be the way the router is supposed to route.

Thanks in advance for any help on this guys.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 06/25/2009 - 04:45

yes, there has been a change in IOS, port is not anymore a parameter for selecting incoming pots DP.

But, you can always use a translation-profile and rule at port level so you will know from which port the calls comes using a prefix.

ShailendraK Thu, 06/25/2009 - 04:53

I understand what you are proposing but how can I diffrentiate which call is coming in from which E1? The answer-address can be the same for both the calls and the same incoming dial-peer can be matched even if I have more than one dial-peer? In that case the same translation-rule/profile will be applied and the call will try to go out by matching the same outgoing dial-peer irrespective of where it came in from.

Please let me know if you are thinking differently.

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 06/25/2009 - 05:05

Read above. Port level translation. That will allow you to use two separate answer-address.

This Discussion