cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clientless SSL VPN ASA 8.0.4 RDP Plugin

tuicruises
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm using the clientless SSL VPN Feature with Asa 5520 8.0.4 and the most recent RDP Plugin from Cisco. Is it possible to adjust some settings as colour depth or screen size (e.g. 800x600). If yes where I can find those settings ??

Thanks in advance.

Stefan

1 Reply 1

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Stefan,

Yes, it is possible to adjust those settings. You can add parameters to the rdp command as follows:

server:port/?Parameter1=value&Parameter2=value&Parameter3=value

To change color depth you use bpp=xx , where xx = 8,16,24 or 32.

To change screen size use geometry=widthxheight i.e. geometry=1024x768

You can see more options by viewing the RDP page on the Clientless SSL VPN homepage.

Here's the full list if you're interested:

bpp=integer - Color depth in the popup window to be opened. The value is the number of bits per pixel to reserve for specifying color. Enter 8, 16, 24, or 32.

command=string - Working directory.

console=yes - Connect to console.

debug_hex=yes - Show bytes sent and received.

debug_key=yes - Show scan code sent for each key pressed.

debug_level=string - Severity of debug output to log. Enter DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, or FATAL.

domain=string - Logon domain.

geometry=widthxheight - Specifies the width and height in pixels of the popup window to be opened.

hostname=string - Client host name.

keymap=string - Keyboard mapping file name for terminal server.

password=string - Password to log on to the server. The password displays in the text box as you type it; use only with care and make sure no one is observing. Otherwise, wait for the password prompt instead of entering this parameter.

port=integer - RDP port number. The default RDP port number is 3389.

rdp4=yes - Enables use of RDP Version 4.

shell=string - Shell.

username=string - Username to log on to the server.

Enjoy!

--Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card