cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.1.3 - Import backup on another server - Mac licences?

I have CCM 5.1.3 in production, I will have to install another 5.1.3 in parallel ( to do a furthur upgrade to 7.x ) then I will import the backup so all phones will be configure in the new server.

The Cisco Tac allready gave me the licences associate with the new mac but the question that I have is when I import the backup, it's gona also import the licences register with the old mac of the other server. But it's gona import the configuration of all phones. Do you guys have any idea how it's gona work.

When you don't have no licences, CCM doesnt let you configure other phones. In this situation I will have a lot of phones with no valid licences ?

I will have to install the new licences after but, are we screwed up during the time that we have all the phones configure on the new server but we have the licences with the old mac ( of the other server )

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You don't have to worry about that.

#1 A restore will recover all configuration.

#2 Since the MAC address doesn't match with license, license unit report will show negative unit. This will not affect existing phones registration, but you will not be able to add new phones.

#3 You should install the new license file as soon as possible.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Phillippe.

The licenses aren't import on Backup, then aren't restore on your new server.

Check that licenses that TAC send you is a license PERMANENT. This license MUST to match the current numbers of old server (unit license and nodes).

I believe that to restore the configurations, the new server must have the same ip address of the backup file

Peterson

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You don't have to worry about that.

#1 A restore will recover all configuration.

#2 Since the MAC address doesn't match with license, license unit report will show negative unit. This will not affect existing phones registration, but you will not be able to add new phones.

#3 You should install the new license file as soon as possible.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

perfect, it answer my question thanks a lot for that precious information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: