cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where can I find the latest UCS related documentation

ssanjeev_emc
Level 1
Level 1

I need to see the newest Schema, API and related stuff on UCS implementation.

9 Replies 9

mfrase
Level 1
Level 1

The documentation you require and other UCS product docs will be made available for download from Cisco.com on or around July 8th. If you are at beta site please contact your engineering contacts within Cisco for latest documents.

Can you give us an update on the UCS product docs?

I still do not see any docs it is July 9th. Let me know what URL these are posted at?

cco-iamrodos
Level 1
Level 1

You can find links to many UCS resources from my summary page at

http://www.haywood.org/ucs/

There are links to the available documentation.

The link http://www.haywood.org/ucs/

has lots of resources but I still have unanswered questions about UCS. I work for a memory company and I want to know what kind of memory modules(like DRAM page depth/organization, rank count, etc) and DIMM configurations(such as 8 4GB 2R x4 RDIMMs, 4 8GB 4R x4 RDIMMs, etc.) the ASIC supports. In addition, are there any documents related to "Catalina" ASIC chip? The number of chip select inputs assigned to a memory channel is limited(to my understanding it is limited to maximum 8 per channel) so populating more ranks per channel should require some workaround. Actually I'm engaged in development of memory modules with similar concept(decoupled number of chip selects) thesedays and want to compare the solution with "Extended Memory" technology. Could anyone send me simple datasheet or feature sets or any reference material of "Catalina"?

Thanks.

Did you read the whitepaper http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps10265/ps10280/ps10300/white_paper_c11-525300.pdf titled "Cisco Unified Computing System Extended Memory Technology Overview"?

Also to book listed has more details on the memory features.

Remember the Catalina chip is the work around you speak of.

As the product is not released yet you are not going to find a lot of details.

Does Samsung have a technical liaison with Cisco that you could use to gain access to more information?

Thank you for your reply. I have read the whitepaper and it was not quite satisfactory as a technical reference. I also have checked Samsung's liaison and I couldn't get anything more than what I could get from this site and vm blogs. What I want to know is DIMM support detail of "Extended Memory" architecture. The whitepaper only lists the cases of 1Gb DRAM usage. Does that mean Catalina only supports 1Gb DRAMs?

1GB, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB DIMMs are available

Thank you for your reply. But you got me wrong. I want to know supportable maximum DRAM density.(Row/col depth) I know catalina supports 1Gb based 4/8GB DIMMs then how about 2Gb based such as 2Gb 2rank x4 8GB modules?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card