Park Call Help

Unanswered Question

My client is losing track of calls on Park - Need to find a way to view where a person Parks a call (701-706), as after 5 or so seconds after parking, the screen display changes to  the name of the Company. we often can't remember what number it was parked at, or a 2nd call comes in to distract us. We end up dialing in random park locations until we find it. Possible solutions:
1.  lengthen time before Blackstreet Capital pops up on screen
2.  Use some type of soft key that brings back last parked call
3.  View a list of park ports in use

4. Change  the name of the park orbit.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Trad Thu, 06/25/2009 - 14:29

Hi mdavis,

Need to find a way to view where a person Parks a call (701-706), as
after 5 or so seconds after parking, the screen display changes to  the
name of the Company.

This has never made sense to me why it does this, i have raised concerns about this in the past, if there is a call on Park then the system should ignore displaying the System Message (Company Name), and focus on rotating through the calls in the Parked Slot. However in saying that, the system does not do that so you should look at what was suggested.

As per that documentation that was posted, create a DN as per the example that is listed in that Document:

ephone-dn  XX<br/> number 701 no-reg primary<br/> park-slot reserved-for 201<br/>

Just make sure you are using a number range that is not being used, if you are working on 1XX or 2XX it is advised to use the upper reaches, it helps with preventing confusion, and this setup does work quite well. You just have to be prepared to put up with the two stage parking process I.E Press Transfer, then dial the slot number, not a quick process or effecient, but it is better then loosing a call :)

What would be good is if you can program into an ephone-template 2 Soft keys each one called Park-1 and Park-2 as dedicated Soft Parks, this way people can make the option of having these softkeys display on the screen when a call is active and be able to just press them to park the call, this then would be available on everyones phones and can be used quickly and easily.

Cheers,

David.

Actions

This Discussion