cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wired and Wirelss Guest access on the same WLC?

rochoa8aeg
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to do both wired AND wireless Guest access on the same controller? The Design Guide I have read assumes you will only have 1 Guest lan per controller and thats the wired guest LAN. If thats the case why would you deploy a WLC for wired guest access only? My needs dictate that I have 1 wireless and 1 wired Guest access using web-auth redirect.

3 Replies 3

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

The "guest lan" is for the wired interface for wired users. Your wireless guest WLANs are not "guest lans".

So, create a wired interface for your guest LAN, which will be the ingress point for your wired clients. Then put it egress point the interface you would use for Wireless Guest users. Now you can have Wired and Wireless using the same "guest" interface to egress...

This wired interface I create for the guest LAN, will it reside on the WLC only or do I need to create a matching vlan on the switch?

If so do I just create a dhcp scope on the controller for the wired "guest" lan?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: