Level 4

What is the diference between WCS-APBASE-50

and WCS-PLUS-50 ?.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco WCS is available in either a Cisco WCS Base or Cisco WCS PLUS configuration.

Cisco WCS Base supports standard Cisco WCS capabilities.

Cisco WCS PLUS includes all WCS Base features plus the ability to track location of a single Wi-Fi device such as a client, tag, or rogue access point on demand (limited location), N:1 High Availability (HA) for WCS servers, and Cisco 3300 Series Mobility Services Engine (MSE) management which can expand location capabilities by adding Cisco Context-Aware Software to simultaneously track up to 18,000 assets.

per: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps6301/ps6305/product_data_sheet0900aecd804b4646.html

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rafael,

Cisco WCS is available in either a Cisco WCS Base or Cisco WCS PLUS configuration.

Cisco WCS Base supports standard Cisco WCS capabilities.

Cisco WCS PLUS includes all WCS Base features plus the ability to track location of a single Wi-Fi device such as a client, tag, or rogue access point on demand (limited location), N:1 High Availability (HA) for WCS servers, and Cisco 3300 Series Mobility Services Engine (MSE) management which can expand location capabilities by adding Cisco Context-Aware Software to simultaneously track up to 18,000 assets.

Note: Customers who deploy HA for their WCS servers must have WCS 5.2 or later installed on their primary and secondary servers. Additionally, customers must install a WCS STANDARD-K9 (PLUS configuration) or WCS-ENT-PLUS-K9 license on each of the primary servers that are backed up by the secondary server. (Primary server provides the license for the secondary server. No separate license is required for the secondary server).

Note: Cisco WCS PLUS license products introduced in release 5.2 are backward compatible with existing Cisco WCS Location and Enterprise licenses.

From this excellent doc;

Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) Licensing and Ordering Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5755/ps6301/ps6305/product_data_sheet0900aecd804b4646.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Eric,

Long time my friend! Looks like we were posting up the same info at the same time :) My sub-standard typing skills let me down again! +5 points for your continued good work.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Good to hear from you.

"great minds think alike.... and so do ours!"

5 points to you as well

Hey Eric,

I laughed my butt off when I read your reply. Thanks for the great humor, especially on a Friday!

Cheers!

Rob

PS: I was thinking of the "Fools seldom differ" quote when I read this :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: