I want to drop all messages that have the "sex" in their attachment. I found that with pdf files, it works correctly, but for bitmap file, it doesn't. I wonder if CSVB has OCR function which can regconize text in image file ?
By the way I have demo next Friday and need your recommedation on the features of CSVB that we can demonstrate to customer which our competitors don't have.
no the csvb does not have an OCR feature to look for expressions in images & documents. From your message it sounds like you need to look for keywords in documents.
The CSVB does have a very high quality scanning engine that can parse over 400 file types to look for keywords in most leading filetypes - however no technology can do this accurately for images as it's impossible to do without a very high false positive rate. This technique has been used in old anti-spam engines in years gone by with poor success rates.
If you need to sell the features of the CSVB we would suggest they are:
- leading reputation filtering & anti-spam engine on the market (>99% detection with a false positive rate of 1 in 1 million)
- leading anti-virus engine intergrated (Sophos)
- leading content filtering engine scans over 400 file types for content analysis
- supports email authentication standards (TLS/DKIM/SPF/SIDF)
- supports LDAP integration
- supports bounce verification for eliminating bounce attacks
- Web GUI driven product for simple management
- integrated reporting for simple TCO analysis
- built in - end user spam quarantine
Of course these are some of the high level features..i've not mentioned domain mapping, aliasing, virtual gateways, global unsubscribe etc which are all features available for customers to use as well.
If you need more ammunition - pls contact me at jsteer at cisco dot com - let me know the competitor as well to help you make good arguments for the CSVB.