Views
Helpful
Replies

crypto isakmp disconnect-notify

netcraftjason
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I know that ASA has this command to disable the notification dialog box in the remote Easy VPN client. But I cannot find out this command in IOS.

Anyone know whether IOS has this command? I have deployed auto connect feature on my vpn clients. I want to resolve this problem because VPN cannot re-connect after the network interruption.

Thanks a lot!!

Jason

4 Replies 4

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are running newer software versions for both your client/gateway, then this should be automatic AFAIR:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t8/feature/guide/ftunity.html#wp1048636

Make sure IKE keep alives are enabled:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t8/feature/guide/ftunity.html#wp1051234

crypto isakmp keepalive

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

Thanks a lot for your help!

I mean there is a dialog prompted when the network connection is disconnected. And I must manually press the OK button of the dialog and then the VPN will start to automatically connect.

I am using 5.0.05.0290 of VPN client. And IKE keep alive has already been enabled.

I have tried to use "vpngui.exe /c /sd" to enable the vpn to auto connect during Windows logon and does not prompt the "Disconnect Dialog" when the VPN terminated by some reason. But it cannot reconnect after the vpn terminated by network interruption when using this method. And the VPN Auto initiation has already enabled in VPN Client Console before using "vpngui.exe /c /sd".

Anybody has new idea?

Best Regards,

Jason

Best Regards,

Jason Lam

Even tough I have never tried this ...disclaimer :) you may try the following solution:

http://www.computing.net/answers/networking/cisco-vpn-autoconnect/31420.html

Analyst wrote:

"I was eventually able to get this going. I remembered back from the past a program called PTFB, or Push The Freakin Button. This program can be trained to click on annoying prompts automatically without the user have to be present to do it. I also found that you can launch the Cisco VPN gui from a command line with the username and password.

So what I did was create a batch file that is scheduled to run with the following command;

"C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\vpngui.exe" -c -sd -user -pwd

When the prompt stating the terms and conditions for connecting comes up requiring you to click on it, PTFB kicks in and clicks on it, then the connection is made.

Later, another batch file is scheduled to run to disconnect;

"C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\vpnclient.exe" disconnect

Notice that the executable to disconnect is differant than the one to connect.

Hopes this helps anyone else who runs into this unique situation. "

Regards

Farrukh

Hi Farrukh,

Thanks again for your help!

I will try it.

And hope Cisco can add a function about this situation!

Jason