Views
Helpful
Replies

1811 RT DHCP server not working

mguzman4158
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having some difficulty trying to get this 1811 router to give any ip addresses to host that connect to the switch ports of the router. I have tried everything and maybe I'm going crazy. The config is simple and still can not make it work no matter which switch port I used, maybe I am missing something. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your ip address needs to be put on your vlan in order for dhcp to work. You have your address in fa1 which means that anything that connects to that one port will get an address, but no other ports will work. If you put it on your vlan, and all of your members are part of vlan1, it should work fine.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your ip address needs to be put on your vlan in order for dhcp to work. You have your address in fa1 which means that anything that connects to that one port will get an address, but no other ports will work. If you put it on your vlan, and all of your members are part of vlan1, it should work fine.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try this:

int fas1

no ip address

int vlan1

ip address 10.10.1.1 255.255.255.0

Then, plug your PC into one of the switchports 4-9.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco