cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Reports BackupActived

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2800 Voice gateway router with a PRI module installed.

It would appear that each time an ISDN channel comes up DFM see's this as "BackupActived". Is there away to prevent this?

The router is running (C2800NM-IPVOICEK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T5, REL

EASE SOFTWARE (fc4)

I've attached a screenshot of the DFM screen..

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could edit one of the customizable interface groups to match these interfaces, then disable the backup activated threshold for this group. The group customization is done under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Group Administration. Then, you can promote that customized group to the top of the interface group list under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Setting Priorities. Then enable the desired thresholds under the Managing Thresholds interface. Finally, apply your changes.

Thanks Joe...I'll give this a try..

We have another 8 ISDN30/VOIP gateways in the network but only this one is showing BackupActived in DFM?

I've check the configs of the routers and all are exactly the same??

Any idea's why this one is acting differently?

Interfaces with an ifType of isdn are considered backup interfaces by default. Without seeing more details about how these devices are being configured/used, I cannot say why the other devices' B-channels aren't being tagged with an ifType of isdn.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: