cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 5.1 Modify Button Items

ian.ryder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to use the Modify Button items option to re-arrange the order of the buttons on a UDP.

When I select save I am getting the following error message:

"Update failed. One of the required fields on the page has the same value as an entry that already exists in the database. Please check the corresponding Find List page to verify your entry does not exist."

3 Replies 3

ian.ryder
Level 1
Level 1

OK, I now know why this is happening, but don't believe it should be working like this.

When I choose modify button items it is creating a new phone button template. So when I try to modify the buttons again it tries to create a new template which already exists so provides the error.

@Ian,

Regarding the phone button template(PBT), is there any way to prevent a new individual PBT from being created automatically each time re-ordering buttons?  We have to delete the individual PBT each time after CUCM upgraded to ver7.x -  it was not like this in the days of ver 4.x

Thanks and regards

Jumps

Hi

The simple way would be to just define the templates you need, name them appropriately so you know what each is, and apply them using the Phone Button Template field rather than using Modify.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: