cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sametime Plugin for presence 7.1.1.952 and photo

erictalbot
Level 1
Level 1

I've been able to successfully implement the solution, but it appears the photo is sometime available when we have an incoming call and sometime it is not and all the users have the photos available in Sametime.

Is there anybody you can point me to some sort of information regarding the photo we see in the plugin ( size refresh interval ... )

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

We need more info to isolate the problem.

If the same caller called you multiple times, would you always see his photo? Or sometimes you see it, sometimes don't?

If it consistently works on some callers but doesn't work on some other callers, it could be caused by the directory lookup rules. The software was trying to find the caller in the LDAP (or Sametime DB) based on the incoming number. If the incoming number does not match the number in LDAP (or Sametime DB), the lookup will fail.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

When i call, the called person's picture is shown correctly.

When i receive a call the calling person's picture is not displayed. It is never displayed, sorry if it was not clear.

Integration is not made with active directory, it is only made with Lotus Sametime.

Thanks for your help.

When you received a call, what's the caller's number being displayed? Does that number match the one configured in Sametime (Domino) directory?

Michael

You're right, there's a new parameter in the ciscocfg.exe tool under LDAP PHONE ATTRIBUTE. The caller ID must match the LDAP attribute configured under Incoming.

In fact i don't remember seing that parameter in the previous version.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: