Views
Helpful
Replies

Services Directory

tom
Level 1
Level 1

CM System version: 6.1.2.1002-1

Guys: I want to create a new service for CM 6.1. In addition, I need to know what directory to put the new service in.

I believe the directory to be http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8080/ccmip/xmldirectory.jsp

What is the best way to get the newly created service in the CM directory?

For example, Core FTP, PUTTY, Call Manager GUI or

https://xx.xx.xx.xx:8443/ccmadmin/bulkfileuploadFindList.do

Thanks, Tom

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to put your directory in the CUCM server, you don't have access to Tomcat folders. You need a SEPARATE server where to put any other directory, service, script, etc you want. The server needs to have a web server so phones can't access the files.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

In 4.X you had the IIS and you could get into the IIS folders to change config, add pages, etc. Add the idle URL for example was done this way. Changing the corporate directory name, etc.

In linux appliances this moved to the Tomcat folders to which you don't have access, the only way to get to those files is via root access and it won't be provided for this purposes.

Using the same example, idle URL instructions now contain the 5.X and above which indicate a separate server is needed to place the file.

BTW, had a typo on 1st post, last sentence should have CAN instead of CAN'T, thought of something for a split second and wrote something else.

HTH

java

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to put your directory in the CUCM server, you don't have access to Tomcat folders. You need a SEPARATE server where to put any other directory, service, script, etc you want. The server needs to have a web server so phones can't access the files.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Okay I think I understand.

I have a Tomcat Server where the xml requests from the phone are going to be sent. I am hoping the information from the Tomcat Server can send the information back to the phone. This would be similar to what http://cisco.internect.net/ does.

When the users press the services button on their phone the HTML will display. Naturally, the user phone would have to subscribe to the service.

So I guess I am asking, where do the CM Services live in CM and can I get to them?

The goal in of all this is to drop a XML Service in the XML directory in Call Manager. The Web/Tomcat Server back end would do all the work and use a simple XML frontend would request information from the Web/Tomcat Server.

The final goal is to clock in and out on a phone and log the information on a Web/Tomcat Server.

Thanks, Tom

In 4.X you had the IIS and you could get into the IIS folders to change config, add pages, etc. Add the idle URL for example was done this way. Changing the corporate directory name, etc.

In linux appliances this moved to the Tomcat folders to which you don't have access, the only way to get to those files is via root access and it won't be provided for this purposes.

Using the same example, idle URL instructions now contain the 5.X and above which indicate a separate server is needed to place the file.

BTW, had a typo on 1st post, last sentence should have CAN instead of CAN'T, thought of something for a split second and wrote something else.

HTH

java

HTH

java