I have an interesting problem with the CIFS accelerator and wanted to see if you've seen similar problems.
Initially started troubleshooting when a user at Site A (WAAS 4.1.3 w/ CIFS AO on) tried to logon to the network with his profile information stored at Site B (WAAS 4.1.3 w/ CIFS AO on). I had just enabled the CIFS AO on both of the WAEs.
The user could not logon on his first attempt since I enabled the CIFS AO on both sides. Then one of the SysAdmins (trying to resolve the users issue) tried to copy the users profile from the Site B server to the Site A server. The SysAdmin could successfully map the drive but indicated the copy job for his profile directory did not work.
Once I had this background I started troubleshooting and wanted to see if I could replicate the problem. Here are the results of my testing:
1) With CIFS AO enabled at Site A and Site B, tried to copy entire user profile directory from A to B (and B to A). I could map the drive and saw the session being optimized with TFO/DRE/LZ and CIFS AO. The copy job started but I then got an error indicating that 'Cannot copy identifydb.obj. Cannot find the file specified'
2) With CIFS AO enabled at Site A and Site B, was able to successfully copy any single file bidirectionally b/w A and B.
3) Repeated test 1 and this time the copy job started and I got an erro indicating that ''Cannot copy registry.dat. Cannot find the file specified'
4) Turned off the CIFS AO on both Site A and Site B WAE's, tried to copy entire user profile directory from A to B. Saw the session being optimized with TFO/DRE/LZ. It took a while but the ~ 30MB profile copied successfully.
5) Repeated step 1 with Site C and Site D, with CIFS AO enabled. Tried to copy the entire user profile from C to D ( and D to C). I could map the drive and saw the session being optimized with TFO/DRE/LZ and CIFS AO. The copy job started but then I got an error indicating that 'Cannot copy properties131_04. Cannot find the file specified'
I repeated step 4 multiple times with CIFS AO disabled and successfully copied the profile directory every time (b/w multiple sites and with multiple profiles). I was never able to successfully copy the entire profile directory with the CIFS AO enabled. It seemed to be a different small file everytime that caused the copy process to halt.
HTTP AO works fine and all other traffic flows seem to work well through the TFO/LZ/DRE accelerators.
I'm assuming the same issue causing the profile to be copied via the CIFS AO is why users can't logon when I have CIFS AO enabled. Has anyone
ever seen anything like this? Any ideas?