7937G External Port Question

Arthur Kant
Level 1
Level 1
3 Replies 3

Arthur Kant
Level 1
Level 1

Still fighing this issue here and would appreciate any input from people here on the list.

Using the recommended Polycom Branded Lapel mic set which sounds great. However it sounds so good that others sitting at conference room table cannot be heard very well. Presenter is walking around room always talking and will walk close to mic base. We think this could be something with the internal mic's gunning down to prevent feedback? Using the latest firmware, running on CME 7.0

Thanks!

my understanding is this is by design. The internal microphones will not work when an external mic is plugged in. Similar to how your speakers on your audio system stop working when you plug in a headset. I think they did it that way on purpose and they're no way to change it.

I know this thread is 5 years old, but I wanted to correct some incorrect information.  In my tests the internal microphones on the 7937G continue to work even with the external microphone connected.  I don't remember if I tested this five years ago or just assumed it wouldn't work.  Maybe it was updated in a firmware update or something.  Either way, it definitely works now.  Also, when you press mute on the phone it mutes both the internal and the external mics.

http://jjcoolstuff.blogspot.com/2009/04/wireless-lapel-mic-for-cisco-conference.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: