cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PIX and PBR

welcomeccie
Level 1
Level 1

The customer asked me why cisco Pix doesn't suuport PBR while Juniper support that feature I don't know how should i reply ?Anyone can help me if the PIX Firewall should support PBR or not

3 Replies 3

branfarm1
Level 4
Level 4

No, the PIX or ASA does not support PBR.

Why?

Why sell 1 device when you can sell 2? Seriously though, I've heard people say that routers are for routing and firewalls are for firewalling -- let each do what they do best.

the customer thinks to replace the pix with juniper for that feature .how can i convince him ? I know that the router is for routing but he said that this is important feature and i need it on the firewall

I guess you'll have to determine exactly why they want to do PBR. What are the exact requirements?

Do they want PBR to do something that the PIX can do, but under a different name? As far as I know, one major reason people typically use PBR at the edge is to split traffic between two ISP's without using BGP. If they really want to do that, they might have to choose the product that suits their needs better, or buy a router to sit on the outside.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: