cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help my in router

engbandar
Level 1
Level 1

i have my DHCP server connect to switch 6500 and generate a lot of vlans from this switch in RSM (MSFC2) im my department our vlan is vlan 5

witch the ip is 10.2.41.X i have other

branch in the same city i used privet network (PLL) and one router in both site

site A and site B the DHCP server in Site A i want Site B take the same ip of our vlan 5 10.2.41.X form DHCP or static but same Vlan 5

"if any one need drawing to help my i will post the network drawing)

8 Replies 8

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

Huh?

Huh

if you can help me help me

Not after that rating. I'm sorry, but what you said didn't make any sense to me.

I'll resist the temptation to rate your post poorly.

Tony.henry
Level 1
Level 1

enqbandar,

I think you should provide a drawing. just to clear the question up a little.

From what I can understand here, you've got two sites, one with lots of vlans and the other with not so many. you want the other site to be in the same broadcast domain as one of your subnets from the first site?

Am I assuming correctly?

Tony

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

This is a very hard post to understand. It is not clear what you want to accomplish and what you have in place today to make it work. It appears that you want site a and site b to have one dhcp server.

How are the sites connected? Is there a vpn between sites? How do you route traffic today between sites?

markliceralde
Level 1
Level 1

You should consider the connection between Site B and Site A. how is it connected? In my understanding there is a router in between site A and B? in that case you could use VTP to propagate the VLAN  from Site A to Site B. and please post the Drawing. so we could understand it clearly.

Appreciate it! Regards, Mark

Mark Liceralde wrote:

You should consider the connection between Site B and Site A. how is it connected? In my understanding there is a router in between site A and B? in that case you could use VTP to propagate the VLAN  from Site A to Site B. and please post the Drawing. so we could understand it clearly.

You are responding to a 4 years old post with even some bitterness in it. Hopefully by now people has moved on.

Sorry when I replied I didin't check the Date. My bad. yeah sadly there was bitterness invloved.

Regards,

Mark

Appreciate it! Regards, Mark
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: