Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Connection

afernandez0226
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i deployed a wireless network with 5 AP 1252 and 1 WLC 4402 to cover 22,000 sqf. the issue that am having is if i disconnect any of the 5 AP the whole wlan goes down

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That shouldn't happen. On the CLI, do a show run-config not a show running-config and attach that to the post. There might be an issue with your configuration.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the quick reply. Attach my (Cisco Controller) >show run-config

Well I see you are using the 6.x.... pretty new. 4.2.130 & 4.2.205 seem pretty stable to me, but in your case,I would at least install the 5.2.157.0 ER image. The configuration looks fine. Have you had a previous code prior to moving to the 6.x, if so, did you have the issue you are having with the 6.x?

-Scott

Thanks for the reply.

After I received the wlc; i upgraded to 6.x before I started the configuration; I never used the configuration that came with it. Should I downgrade to 5.2.157?

You could open a TAC case if you want to see if that is an issue with 6.x or not. If you plan on downgrading, then I would go with 4.2.205. 5.x isn't a very stable code.

-Scott

thanks at lot for your help. I will open a TAC case, and post back the soluction.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you disconnect any one of your APs, the entire WLAN goes down or all the AP's go offline?

Have you tried the basic setup and build it up from there?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: