cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subrate T3/E3 Card In 2811 Router

bjberginz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 router with a subrate T3/E3 installed in it. When I run a "sh hardware" it shows the card is present, yet a "sh int" does not appear to show it, not can I appear to configure it in any way. The IOS installed should support T3 cards from the research that I did. Is there something special I need to do to be able to configure the card?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Brian

You do not mention what the card is so it is hard to be sure what the issue is. But many of the T3/E3 cards require using the command

card type

to define whether this is for T1 or E1 use. After this is configured then the interface is created and you can configure it. So give it a try with card type t3 and let us know what happens.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Brian

You do not mention what the card is so it is hard to be sure what the issue is. But many of the T3/E3 cards require using the command

card type

to define whether this is for T1 or E1 use. After this is configured then the interface is created and you can configure it. So give it a try with card type t3 and let us know what happens.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the help, you were correct, the solution was to use the 'card type' command in global config mode. I now have a proper Serial interface I can configure.

Brian

I am glad that my suggestion helped you to resolve your problem. Thank you for posting back to the forum indicating that you have solved the problem (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can know that they will read a response which did lead to solving the problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card