Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 5509 - Log in stops responding

jbradmck1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm working with a Catalyst 5509. We can log into the router module, but not the switch module. When logging into the 5509 switch, the system prompts for enable password. After the password is entered - the session stops. There is no response from the system if the password is correct or incorrect. We do not want to reboot the system due to required network uptime. Please help.

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Can you share the aaa commands that you have on that switch? Do you see any hits in failed or passed attempts reports of radius or tacacs server you are using?

Is it possible to run debugs?

debug aaa authentication

debug radius

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks,

We can only access the router portion by Telnet. I will try to access again by console. I am told that the 5509 has a two telnet addresses, one for router portion and one for switch portion.

Turns out the 5509 requires a straight cable for console. The telnet still does not respond to password. The system prompts for password then stops responding. It does not give indication if password is correct or incorrect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: