Missed by one tenth of one percent

Unanswered Question
Jun 28th, 2009

803 with 804 required. My CCNP expires July 3rd, and I can't try again on this until July 4th. (Switching642-812)

I'm totally devastated. Is there any way to challenge results or retake the exam to qualify for recert?

I've taken a lot of exams, and I've always known if I had passed or failed (exception, I thought I failed advanced routing, but passed, with an exact score 6 years ago).

I'd go down and take a swing at routing but I literally don't have time to fit it into my schedule before July 12th if I want to at least have more than an hour to review.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
danielglenn Sun, 06/28/2009 - 14:38

:\"I've taken a lot of exams, and I've always known if I had passed or failed (exception, I thought I failed advanced routing, but passed, with an exact score 6 years ago)."

I mean to add that on this occasion I was sure I had passed. There had been one or two that wasn't in any book I'd read, and a few I blanked on that I did know (security lab, as soon as I clicked next I remembered the commands I needed- but I got 71% on security with a not even close config on that lab)

Richard Burts Sun, 06/28/2009 - 16:22

Daniel

You are in a situation where the available answers may not be "good" answers from your perspective. If you did not pass the switching exam and can not take it till July 4, with your certification expiring on July 3, then the alternatives available to you appear to be either taking some other of the exams in the CCNP track or taking some professional level exam.

I am not aware of any provision for challenging the scoring of the exams required for recertification.

HTH

Rick

jgagznos Mon, 06/29/2009 - 14:36

Sorry to hear about your position. I'm not aware of any challenge procedure for CCNP exams. If I was in this situation, I would book a different CCNP exam right away (maybe the composite exam would work best since you've been studying part of the materials).

Good luck!

Joe

Actions

This Discussion