Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7941 - Firmware Not found

Ibrahim_ah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By mistake i have deleted the firmware of a cisco ip phone 7941 uing this code # 3491672850*#

its connected to call manager version 5.1.3.2

now all it shows is a blank screen.

Is there any way that i can load the Default firmware to this phone without affecting the other ip phones.

3 Replies 3

dennis916
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There is a way actually to resolve this, but you must take in consideration that the IP Phone can still get an IP Address to a DHCP server or your PC. First, you must have a DHCP/TFTP application running to your PC with the firware you want to load. Once verified with this requirement, cross connect your IP PHone to your PC and wait for it to download the FW. This saves me from connecting the device to the CM for isolation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Denz

Hi,

As mentioned i have connected the phone to the pc with a cross cable, and have a tftp32 running with the firmware files mounted on it.It doesnt seem to get the Firmware files for some reason.Is there a way to confirm whether the phone is accessing the files or not.

dennis916
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There is a way actually to resolve this, but you must take in consideration that the IP Phone can still get an IP Address to a DHCP server or your PC. First, you must have a DHCP/TFTP application running to your PC with the firware you want to load. Once verified with this requirement, cross connect your IP PHone to your PC and wait for it to download the FW. This saves me from connecting the device to the CM for isolation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Denz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: