cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 - Is there a way for me to stop the router from resetting the system statistics every 24 hours?

ray_buckland
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to collect accumulated statistics over several days, but the router seems to be resetting the counters to zero every 24hours or so.

I cannot find how (if) I can turn that off so the counters keep going.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The bytes count on the statistics page is a 32-bit counter that rolls back to 0 when the count reaches 2^32 bytes. You might need to take samples of this counter hourly and use a graphing software to take this discontinuity into account.

View solution in original post

Alternatively, one can go for a 64-bit counter implmentation so the counter can last much longer before it resets to 0.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The bytes count on the statistics page is a 32-bit counter that rolls back to 0 when the count reaches 2^32 bytes. You might need to take samples of this counter hourly and use a graphing software to take this discontinuity into account.

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm surprised that this limitation exists on a device that is being marketed as a small business / branch office solution.

I am sure that a log of daily statistics would be useful to most business users to manage their network.

May I respectfully request that in a future release of the microcode, the counters are saved to a time stamped log file before they roll over to zero.

Alternatively, one can go for a 64-bit counter implmentation so the counter can last much longer before it resets to 0.

Yes, 64bit makes sense, and writing out to a log file too so that trending analysis is possible.

If the developers are listening... please let's have this guys, it would be such a useful addition to the features of the RV082.