Views
Helpful
Replies

Long Distance Calling

Ajay Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone guide me that how can i have unique authorisation code for all users for long distance calling?? If i use FAC, that will be applicable on route pattern and FAC will be common for all users.

In my set up all users have long distance facilty and i need to find a way where i can ensure that a user cant use long distance facility from any other user's phone...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1 CMC and FAC are ONLY applied to route patterns. You should have a spreadsheet with each code and who owns it.

2 NO, CMC and FAC are not based on calling device. If the phone can reach the route pattern and you use a valid code, you can call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only options to input a code are FAC or CMC, if you don't want to use FAC then the other option is CMC

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi,

Thanks for your post.Can u guide me how 1.Client matter code works??

2.Can i have code for individual users??

Since there's no version mentioned, refer to your Features and Services Guide.

Maintain and Operate Guides

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

Full explanation of how it works is there, it's extremely similar to FAC.

HTH

java

HTH

java

I am using CUCMBE 6.1 version. I have already checked with features and services guide. But i wanted to know that whether i can have unique codes for all users?? as i see in my CUCMBE, its applied to a route pattern, so all the users using that particular route pattern, will be having same code...and dat doesnt resolve my issue..any help would be gr8

TIA

AJay

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ajay,

Just an FYI to add to the excellent tips from Java, FAC Codes are "unique" and will not be common for all users :) So, lets say Ajay has code 10112 and Java has code 10525. The whole goal is that a Long Distance call placed by Ajay (from any phone) will use code 10112 so the "charge-back" can be billed accordingly. When Java goes to place a Long Distance call, he will use his own personal code 10525 and again the charegs will be billed against his code.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob..I got your point..as i understood from ur post that every user can have their individual unique code(CMC)and all calls made using that code will be billed against that particular user, irrespective of which phone they are using.Please correct me if wrong.

I also want to know:

1. How do i apply these codes to individual users as in config template i cant see where i can apply CMC??

2.Can i provision in such a way that user cant call long distance from any other phone using their code, and call from their phone only..

TIA

Ajay

1 CMC and FAC are ONLY applied to route patterns. You should have a spreadsheet with each code and who owns it.

2 NO, CMC and FAC are not based on calling device. If the phone can reach the route pattern and you use a valid code, you can call.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Ajay,

Just one last reference to add to the great info from Java (+5 points Java:)

I really think what you are after here are FAC's, so I would narrow your search down a little bit;

**When you enable FAC through route patterns in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, users must enter an authorization code to reach the intended recipient of the call. When a user dials a number that is routed through a FAC-enabled route pattern, the system plays a tone that prompts for the authorization code.

Client Matter Codes and Forced Authorization Codes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.html

You can use BAT to insert FAC's;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Bulk Administration Guide, Release 6.1(1)

Working with Client Matter Codes and Forced Authorization Codes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_1_1/t09cfcin.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for your Post Java..

1 Last query..my all the phones are in same CSS and PT and using 1 common RP...

In this case can every user have their individual codes, so that irrespective of device they use to call..CDR records the call log against that user only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: