cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.12 SMTP WAV files?

lordshawn
Level 1
Level 1

I read on here it supports sending WAV attachments now? Anyone elaborate on this?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Connection will allow you to "spelunk" through attachments on any email - it'll report the name of the file and allow you to TTS is (for .txt attachments and such) or play it if it's an audio attachment. You can control which attachments are offered.

If the WAV file is a codec Connection can handle it'll play it - if not it'll report that it is unable to play the file and move on to the next attachment (if there is one).

A simple email with a wav attachment isn't going to be treated as a voice mail, however - if that's what you're looking for. Connection will look for x header flags indicating it's a voice message (i.e. generated by a Connection phone conversation or web client) for that.

Jeff,

I think the user was asking if smtp message notification with attached .wav files is supported in Unity Connection 7.1. In previous versions only a quick smtp message with the caller-id and maybe a PCA link was sent on outbound smtp notifications.

I've upgraded to 7.1.2 and have looked for this feature and can't see any options to enable it. Is this feature available now in 7.1.2 or is it coming soon?

Thanks for the help.

Under the "message actions" page for users on my 7.1(3) system there's an option for each message type to "accept and relay" which means it'll leave a copy in the inbox for Connection and also forward it to a remote SMTP address defined in the "relay address" on that page. I'm pretty sure this same option was in 7.1(2) but I don't have one handy to check.

There's nothing in the notification devices to have it include attachments such as the WAV file in the notification mail.

Thanks Jeff. I do see the option in 7.1.2. So for some reason I thought this option should be under message notification. I have a 7.0 system that does not give me the "accept and relay" option, so it is a pretty recent addition.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: