Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue in 7600 when vrf forwrding over gre tunnel

Hi can anyone explain when i am using mpls over gre am not able to ping ce end ip from any remote PE .

12.SRb5 and also SRD2 series

is any architecture issue .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pankaj

Kindly use "mls mpls tunnel-recir" command in 7600.

Hope after adding the command, you will receive end to end connectivity.

If you do not enable tunnel-MPLS recirculation, the IPv4 and IPv4-tunneled packets that have to be labeled (for example, the packets that are encapsulated with an MPLS header) will be corrupted when they are transmitted from the Cisco 7600 series router.

regards

shivu jain

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi all can anybody explore if sip/spa not available on that case su32 7606S works MPLSoGRE

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

In data sheet of Sup 32, gre is supportingbut in real life scenario many of the providers are getting stucked when vrf is imposed in tunnel.

regards

shivlu jain

Hi shivlu ,

Without SIP/SPA

Hi Pankaj

For this you require SIP-400 where in you need to bind the tunnel. Then it will come up. The behavior observed is that when the ip traffic comes from CPE in GRE and becomes a part of vrf, it doesn't work. So if you want to use MPLS over GRE use SIP 400.

regards

shivlu jain

Hi Pankaj

Kindly use "mls mpls tunnel-recir" command in 7600.

Hope after adding the command, you will receive end to end connectivity.

If you do not enable tunnel-MPLS recirculation, the IPv4 and IPv4-tunneled packets that have to be labeled (for example, the packets that are encapsulated with an MPLS header) will be corrupted when they are transmitted from the Cisco 7600 series router.

regards

shivu jain

Thanks Shivlu ,

Issue resolved

Hi pankaj, 

I am facing same issue, plz help as badly stucked. 

Plz confirm that 7606 with ios advanceenterprise 15.1 mpls over gre supported

Hi shivu,

Please help me, i have same issue and issue same command but still not resolved. I have check with pakcet tracer that same laptop ping is not encapsulated in tunnel. Plz help required
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: