cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM & iPhone

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

Does anyone have any successful experience with iPhone integration with CUCM.

Currently running version 7.

If anyone can provide some step by step doc that would be very much appreciated.

thx.

paul.

23 Replies 23

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

It depends on what kind of "integration" you're looking for.

If there's any SIP phone software available on iPhone, you may registered that to CUCM as 3rd-party SIP phone.

You may also run CUMC on iPhone. But that requires a CUMA server.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

i understand that i can register it as a 3rd party sip but need a bit more info as i'm running into issues with that.

need to know more details on "how to".

please and thanks.

paul.

Steps to add iPhone to CUCM (Callmanager) 7.x.

1.Download and install SIP APP on iphone (There are two APPs available on iTunes APP Store, WeePhone and iSip, I would recommend iSip because it allows the setup of multiple accounts.)

2. Add (basic) third party SIP phone to Callmanager along with DNs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html#wp1008225

3. Add a user account to Callmanager, the user account will be used by the iPhone Sip APP to authenticate to CUCM.

4. Configure SIP APP with DN, userid/password and IP address of your Callmanager server.

Restart the SIP APP and you should be able to make and recieve call on your iPhone.

Hope this info helps...

tried this.

we have AD sync happening and this user has multiple devices setup.

i have setup 3rd party basic and filled in the mac of the iphone.

cucm has dns setup and i've used the users AD account and password for authentication but it tells us that user is not found.

any other suggestions?

thanks,

paul.

Hi,

iSIP application is downloaded.

Config the End user profile

Created the Phone profile with SIP ( third party basics)

Port 5060

User id & DN is as per the configured in End User profile.

restarted the iPhone

But now i am gettingthe error as

Cisco Mobile could not connect to the server.

Network is not reachable (1928)

Then it states:

Timed out trying to establish connection, please check server address and port (1214)

What could be the mising configuration in CUCM ?

Regds,

Navin

Hi

Have you tried verifying you can reach the CCM you are trying to register to? I.e. browse to the web server on it, or ping the phone from the server?

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Check out this blog.  I can test the AD integration quickly for either app as well in my lab.

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/sip-endpoints-in-cisco-cucm-acrobits-softphone-and-weephone-for-iphone.html?blogger=David+Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi,

Yes, ping is not possible,

iPhone is in subnet 192.168.X.X  provided from service provider & CUCM is 10.X.X.X . so since both r from 2 different network, i suggested customer for it to be in same network for the iPhone to be registered with CUCM. But then customer say he got to know from some one that we require cisco Unified Mobility Advantage for cisco unified mobile comunicator to work as in Client-Server solution.

Cisco Unifed cimmunication manager Advantage (CUCMA) will sit behind teh enterprise firewall, & connectes the mobile user with CUCM & other company resources. These security i sprovided by Cisco ASA which proxies between mobile phones on xternal network & CUCMA server.

so could you please suggest me, will this be the correct way or is there any other way for iPhone to register CUCM?

Navin Golani

Just to clarify here - you DO NOT need CUMA to get iPhone to register as a 3rd-party SIP device.

CUMA works in conjunction with CUPS and the Mobile Connect/Advantage features of CUCM to provide an enhanced mobility solution that integrates Presence on mobile clients - particularly Blackberries.  There is also now an application made available from Cisco that provides CUMA support for iPhone but again, this isn't required if you are looking to just register your iPhone to CUCM.  You just need a 3rd-party SIP client, some configuration on the CUCM, and network access to the CUCM (i.e., wireless connectivity within the office, etc).

As for CUMA, it does leverage the ASA as a proxy where the ASA is within the DMZ and the CUMA server is on the internal network and can communicate with CUCM and CUPS.  In the original post, it just mentioned generic integration.  If what you actually want is to use CUMC (the iPhone version), then you definitely need to implement a CUMA solution.

Hailey

Please rate all helpful posts!

I have already done the configuration for iPhone on CUCM as mentioned in above posts.

So considering this error

Cisco Mobile could not connect to the server.

Network is not reachable (1928)

Then it states:

Timed out trying to establish connection, please check server address and port (1214)

I understand this should be solve by linking  the two networks ? do u think implementing CUMA is any how helpful ?

Well, here is the problem - you CANNOT use the CUMC client for iPhone without CUMA.  CUMC REQUIRES a CUMA solution to work, period.  So, if that client and it's features are your requirement - then yes, you absolutely need CUMA.

If you just want to use your iPhone as a SIP device, you can download a 3rd-party (non-Cisco) client from the App store as described in the blog post I referenced earlier.  All the steps are there.  It works.

But beyond all of that, I'm not sure how you're trying to access the CUCM.  Are you trying to do this via the Internet (i.e., no VPN) or even 3G?  That's not going to work without some sort of DMZ access into the corporate voice environment, period.  So, that would probably best be implemented as a CUMA solution.

If you are local to the CUCM - as in, you are onsite and connected to corporate network via wireless - then that's what the blog post is geared towards and what most 3rd-party SIP client usage of iPhone with CUCM is centered on.  If the last scenario is true and you cannot access the voice network from the corporate wireless network, then that would be something to broach as a security consideration and then, based on the decision, add the proper routing to do so.

I am having trouble with my ISIP phone installed on my iphone/ipod-touch making PSTN calls out through a Skype for SIP trunk on CME.

The interesting thing is that I also have another CME that uses a regular FXO PSTN connection and the ISIP phone has no trouble making PSTN calls

in this environment.

Would you know what the problem or solution might be to this?  It appears to be due to the SIP trunk.

Thanks for your help

yogan.patel
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if Cisco's mobility client allows for Rich Presence?

Can users define custom presence or just choose a select few options: Available/Away/Busy, etc?

Can users view the means of communication available to a user on their client buddylist?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: