cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Clients

Victor Fabian
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup the clients on our network with the Intel Wireless Utility package and in the administrative tool gives an option to setup Roaming Aggressiveness and i am not quite sure which option to use:

Default: Balanced between not roaming and performance

· Lowest: Your WiFi client will not roam unless significant link quality degradation occurs

· Highest: Your WiFi client continuously tracks the link quality and, if any degradation occurs, it tries to find and roam to a better access point

Thank you

Vic

1 Reply 1

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For your own benefit I would test on your own a client in the low mid and high level of roaming agressivness, so you can see for yourself.

We have our 2,000+ clients on the Intel with HIGH aggressive roaming and they work well. I did some testing with clients on mid and low and they didn't to bad either.

If you have clients jumping to quick then you may want to tune it down.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card