cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting 7921 / 7925 Ring Tones From Cluster

asafayan
Level 4
Level 4

A previous voip engineer uploaded some ring tones that management now wants removed.

If I remove those wav files from the TFTP path of all of my CCM servers in my cluster will phones currently configured with one of the deleted ring tones simply default to another ring-tone?

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

The IP-phone has a non-volatile memory in itself. Once the ringtones are downloaded from TFTP it stores there in this part of the IP-Phone. Now even when the ringtone which is used by an IP Phone is deleted from the TFTP it still exists in the memory on the phone until the configuration of the phone is erased which erases the contents on the non-volatile part. As this Erasing can be performed on the Phone (hardware) manually, we need to do it going to the phones and under Settings>Network Configuration>Erase Configuration.

Thanks for the reply. So even if you remove the ringtone file and the reference to it in ringlist.xml file - the phone STILL has the ability to use that ringtone.

When you state "until the configuration of the phone is erased" - do you mean a reset to factory default?