Views
Helpful
Replies

1800 Rommom mode

pramod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On 1800 image in flash got deleted and came to rommon mode.From rommon i given confreg and set baud rate 115000 and given reset after that its not even coming to rommon mode.How to bring back to rommon.I didnt set break while performing confreg.so ctrl+break not working now!please help

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you set your console to 115000?

How to Download a Software Image to a Cisco 2600 via TFTP Using the tftpdnld ROMMON Command

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bf9e.shtml

Hope this helps.

Hi my device is not going to rommon mode

vne-comm#telnet 10.77.212.218 2037

Trying 10.77.212.218, 2037 ... Open

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████■Y[┤V0┌&▬╪vV½▬Z▬V█µY÷√ 

6V╗▬f¢▬V█≤▓÷Xµ ▬╗V░66▬½û½▬6¢▒&┘≤▬V¢6╞½▬ ▒▬╪▬ V▬ï6▬▬▬V ▒[Z½░Öâ▬v¢v▒6V█µY÷░s ▬╗V░66▬½▬V▬V▬&╪┘v■6

This is the error

CTRL BREAK is also not working!

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

you are getting junk characters because console baud rate is not matching with that of router.

start checking it by changing baud rate of hyper terminal from min value to max value...at one point you will get rommon mode...

Start from 300...try if u get access ok otherwise disconnect the hyper terminal..

then check with next value....follow the same procedure..

then 1200...then 2400...and so on...til you get console access of router

For each and every you need to disconnect the hyper terminal.

Thanks,

Satish

It looks like the connection is being made from a commserver of some sort. The commserver needs to be set to the same baud rate as the router for it to function properly. If this is not possible to do you'd need to go onsite and connect directly from a laptop with console cable. The terminal program needs to be the same baud rate as the router

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco