UCCX, two questions of newbie

Answered Question
Jun 30th, 2009

Hi,

The customer has very little contact center implementation

based on UCCX 5.0. The configuration is the following:

- 2 (two) agents both belong to single CSQ

- 1 (one) supervisor assigned as primary for the team contains these 2 agents

As usual supervisor controls agents' ready/not-ready states via CSD.

The simple goal of this particular CC is the possibility to backup

operator/agent by each other, e.g. if Agent_1 goes to have a lunch,

Agent_2 remains ready thus everytime contact is serviced by live person.

I've configured queuing & ACD via 'Select Resource' step pointing to CSQ.

'Connected branch' is empty.

'Queued' branch contains one 'Play prompt' step.

All works like a charm !

Once upon a time the customer asked me what if Both agents will be unable to

answer call distributed by ACD ? For example. One agents goes lunch. Another

one works without redundancy. After some time passed the active one agent

goes to the toilet and stucks there for a long time. Incoming callers, meanwhile,

will hear the music on queuing while 2-nd agent will go back to life.

Supervisor asks me to suggest the solution for such type of case.

In fact, such the case of unavailability of both agents is very rare for them

because agent redundancy is controlled by supervisor by administrative means.

As solution supervisor wants something in terms of forwarding to any

internal/cellular number that will take place either automatically, or manually.

Another question of mine is how to limit the queue size for abovementioned configuration.

I mean, if there already two callers/contacts in CSQ, 3-rd one contact must hear something like

"Your call cannot be answered right now due to all lines are busy. Please, call back later" ->> DISCONNECT

Thank you.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by James Hawkins about 7 years 5 months ago

The first requirement can be met by putting a Call Redirect step under the Queued branch of the Select Resource step.

I would not do this myself as you have no way of knowing if the number to which you are transferring the call will answer. In fact if you do not want to queue the calls you may as well just use CCM hunt groups.

The second requirement can be met by using the Get Reporting Statistic step to check the callers position in the queue and store the result in an integer variable. You would then use an If step to check whether the position in the queue is >= 3. If is then play the message and hang up the call. If it is not then allow the call to queue.

Hope this helps.

Please rate if useful

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
James Hawkins Tue, 06/30/2009 - 06:14

The first requirement can be met by putting a Call Redirect step under the Queued branch of the Select Resource step.

I would not do this myself as you have no way of knowing if the number to which you are transferring the call will answer. In fact if you do not want to queue the calls you may as well just use CCM hunt groups.

The second requirement can be met by using the Get Reporting Statistic step to check the callers position in the queue and store the result in an integer variable. You would then use an If step to check whether the position in the queue is >= 3. If is then play the message and hang up the call. If it is not then allow the call to queue.

Hope this helps.

Please rate if useful

Actions

This Discussion